Friday, April 10, 2009

The Art of the Heel

Maybe it’s the cumulative effect of magazine image upon image of soaring stilletos and platforms that reach for the sky, but I’m starting to think that maybe I want some serious party heels after all.


If only I could find a pair like these. How cute are these shoes? And funny. Forget Vuitton’s fertility goddess heel, I’ll take a giraffe every time. These were designed by Stephane Bonnaire in ’96.


Here’s another pair that I love: from Thea Cadabra, a British designer whose art-to-wear designs are now featured in many museums. She started out creating disco shoes for friends in the 1970s and later went on to work for Charles Jourdan. Talk about pulling shoes.

1 comment:

  1. shoes make the man as they say although these are for women.

    Carson

    ReplyDelete