Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How to Fake a Balmain Outfit


Ugh. I may have to take it all back about the current issue of Vogue Paris (see ranty post below). I'm getting ideas from it, and I can't very well be ripping out pages at the same time as I'm ripping the editorial content for lack of inspiration. So . . . pardonnez moi, les redactrices!

Anyway, here's something I found that I quite liked. No, not the damn acid-bleached, shredded jeans, Christophe Decarnin, I could whip up my own pair with a bottle of bleach, some sharp scissors, and a pair of ultracheap jeans from the thrift store. Nor the shoes that make the arches stretch tight as a legionnaire's bow.


But I do rather fancy the look of that transparent striped top under the jacket. Sexy, but not so extreme as to scare the kids during reading hour at kindergarten. And since I am in no way capable of shelling out the sort of euros it would take to acquire such a lovely garment new, I turn, as ever, to eBay, which will source me something rather similar, and leave me enough change left over for a flight to New York, where I could fool fashion fiends into thinking it was actually Balmain. Or maybe I'll forget to bid (this happens a lot), so you can get it instead. Bonne chance!

(top photo: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin for Vogue)

1 comment: