Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fashion Icons: The King


Sometimes the absolute height of fashion, in terms of popularity, occurs at ground level. I'm thinking about Chuck Taylor Converse All-Star shoes and their clones, which now deck the feet of every other man and woman in London.

I still have trouble accepting them as a personal style option, because my 86-year-old dad wears them (I'm pretty sure they're the same pair he's had since 1965).

So did this other guy, as a change from blue suede.

(And Lisa Marie's stepping out in re-trendy jeans!)

5 comments:

  1. The photo is from the movie "A Change of Habit" with Mary Tyler Moore. The little girl is not Lisa Marie Presley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I was wondering why Priscilla's hair was so flat--because it's MTM's, as a nun! thanks for the correction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love all star shoes especially converse.

    ReplyDelete